a large number of inquisitive candidates keep asking me the reason as to why they were not recommended at the SSB. this is a question difficult to answer for a person who has not seen your performance.
on the contrary individuals undergoing the SSB get enough clues during the 5 days stay there and can come to a conclusion as to where they have excelled or areas where they need to improve. the candidates must identify those covert clues, introspect and then work on them. at times a frank discussion with your trusted partner may help.
some overt clues are
- your experience in the ppdt discussion
- interview taking less than 30 minutes
- no or large number of questions asked in the conference
- type of command task given
- interaction with any assessor
therefore your intelligent assessment, positive thinking and hard work is your key to success.